The blog got very quiet when November arrived, did you notice? November is the month I dread, because at work it is my most challenging and stress-inducing month, and incidentally, seems to be the l o n g e s t. At the end of the day I am fairly well spent, and have little time for sewing or socializing, much less blogging about any of it. Today is the 15th, it’s half over. Praise the Lord!
I’ve been doing some Pinterest cooking (you know, pinning recipes) and then making them by reading them on the iPad on the kitchen counter. Would you like to see what I’ve made and know how I rated it?
- I made this Spaghetti with Creamy Butternut Leek Parmesan Sauce. I’d give it 3 stars; delicious, but mine didn’t look anything like her’s, and the leftovers weren’t fabulous. A recipe has to provide GREAT tasting leftovers to get 5 stars from me.
- These I made and enjoyed for days following. 5 stars fabulous.
- I’m a comfort food junky during times in my life, like “November”, and when the temps start to dip. One of my faves from childhood? Grilled cheese and tomato soup. This recipe got another 5 stars. But sadly, I will never be hired as a food stylist… Agreed?
- Gina’s Filipino Adobo Pulled Pork in the slow cooker gets 4.5 stars. Even my sweetie raved about this one (it’s not that he doesn’t like my cooking, it’s that I am more adventurous with “healthy eating” than he cares to be…)
- And he gave the No Sugar Sloppy Joe’s 5 stars, I gave them a 3.5 because I wasn’t crazy about the BBQ sauce I used. Will try this again and tweak it, ’cause Kelly does write some great recipes, and I love the low-no sugar ideas she comes up with.
I also made pumpkin pie from scratch this weekend, as in, I baked two sugar pumpkins and everything. Followed this recipe for the most part. It was fabulous, at least 6 stars tasty. It is, of course, long gone.
I have a bunch of pumpkin stuff pinned, that I am hoping to try next week. Well, Pumpkin is one of my comfort foods, too, y’know.
Tomorrow I am heading to retreat. I am over-the-moon THANKFUL for the vacation day from work and looking forward to hours and hours of sewing time…
Hoping to finish up this quilt top:
btw, go see Stephanie, she finished her Urban Nine Patch quilt top (those 3 awesome blocks on the left) — a really cool quilt…
And go see Cindy, where I’m linking up today, for Really Random Thursday.